[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [pct-l] cameras and pictures
- Subject: RE: [pct-l] cameras and pictures
- From: "Mayer, Jim" <JMayer@crt.xerox.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:10:52 -0500
This thread reminded me of a camera question:
How imortant is a zoom lens?
I ask, because except for the lack of a zoom the Olympus Sylus Epic seems
like a great candidate for a trail camera. The Epic has:
- an apparently excellent, slightly wide angle, F2.8 lens. An F2.8 lens is
blazingly "fast" for a compact, auto everything, camera and would be
wonderful for marginal light conditions.
- 4.7 oz!
At 4.7oz the Epic is over three ounces lighter than my Elph!
-- Jim Mayer
* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | http://www.backcountry.net *