Re: [pct-l] socks and liners

In a message dated 11/21/98 9:25:22 PM Central Standard Time, ChsyHkr@aol.com
writes:

<<  With
 only  one layer of sock,  no matter how good or technologically advanced,
 there will be more friction and blisters.  >>

I have found just the opposite to be true.  Whenever I have used a liner sock,
blisters were inevitible.  Yet when I use a good sock (either Thorlo Trekkers
or Smartwools) without a liner, I have had no blisters.  Just goes to show you
how different everyone's feet are.  The best advice I can give is to
experiment with different combinations BEFORE hitting the trail and to use
what works best for you.  No two people are exactly alike.

Good Hiking,
Jim
"Earth gives life and seeks the man who walks gently upon it."