[pct-l] lightweight tents and tyvek

Just noticed a mention to this sight over on backpacking.net  (Charles
Lindsey's site).  The site is www.wanderlustgear.com,  he makes single
wall tents that use trekking poles for support or you can order poles
separately which add about 5 oz  to his 1.5 pound tent.  The tent looks
roomy and he says he designed it for long distance hiking.  Anyway he has
allot of info about it on his site and also mentions that he soon will be
carrying tyvek ground clothes.
   Also about using tyvek for purposes needing sewing.  When I worked at
an oil spill cleanup we had tyvek one piece suits that had stitched seems
and they held up about 75% of the time for one day periods.   A few
people got heat exhaustion (of course we had the ankles and wrists taped
so we could wade in the river and not have leaks around boots and gloves.
 Just be sure to provide ventilation like pit pockets  and thigh pockets.
 I'm sure it would be about the same as using coated nylon.
                                                                     om
so ham tat tvam asi.

         namaste,

             Tim

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]