Re: [pct-l] Spring, summer conditions

In a message dated 11/14/98 9:05:21 PM EST, Slyinmd@aol.com writes:

<< Should I just assume the conditions will change and therefore carry all my
 cold weather gear through out the lenght of the trail. >>

You're going to really be kicking yourself, carrying x- pounds of cold weather
gear up from Scissors Crossing into the San Felipe Hills in 120 degree heat!
Carry water instead, and put the stuff you don't need in a drift box or have
it mailed to you as you go along.  Seriously, a light pack really adds to the
pleasure of a long hike.  Your needs change with the conditions, and one of
the fascinations of hiking the PCT is the variety of  climates.