[pct-l] more Socks

When we did our thru hike in '97 we tried some socks from Costco.  They
are 100% synthetic white crew socks, Olefin (brand name of a poly
propylene) and something else.  The kept us dry in the desert heat, and
warm in the soaking wet of the Sierras and N. Cascades, best of all they
only cost a 1$ apair.  We tried some untral wool, wore a hole inthose
18$ puppies in about a week.  Have used the Ultimax, but they too are
spendy. Other than lookin kinda geeky in white crew sox they out
performed the others.  Just my 2 cents worth., and I don't own stock in
Costco.
--
Bob Turner
President,