Fw: [pct-l] Outragous Tarps

>I was parusing the web and found something I couldn't believe. On what is
>listed as the "Ultra-light Hiking Page" the
>had a list on equipment. I looked at the tarp section. They listed a Moss
>Heptawing tarp. It covers 65 Sq. Ft.
>The list price is $169.00. For something you could make for $40.00 tops.
>And it weighs only 3 lbs. My Walrus tent weighs that much.
>Is this exploytation of Ultra-light hiking that prevelant in the world, or
>am I crazy.
>The site is. I selected "tarps" in the "Light weight Gear shop"
> http://www.backpacking.net/home.html
>Seems like this will only help you wallet be Ultra-light.

I've seen this tarp on the Trail.  It looks interesting, but your right...
After ground covering, and this Heptawing tarp, The weight would be the same
as a light tent.

Just curious, how much does Campmore charge?  I threw out my catalogs.

   It's hard to make a comeback when
      you haven't been anywhere.

snoop@erols.com
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Geyser/4659/