Re: [pct-l] Socks

At 10:10 AM 11/16/98 -0500, "Farler, Tim (tfarler)" <tfarler@harris.com>
wrote:

>My current favorite socks are Wigwam Ultimax.

Ditto from me on the Ultimax. I buy the kind with the grey Olefin bottoms
and the nylon tops. Wigwam has changed the name a couple of times, but I
think the last pair I bought were called "training" socks. They just don't
wear out. I still run in the 3 pair I used on the PCT, and I have an even
older set I have been running in for 5 years now.

I used to have really bad problems with the soles of my feet pruning, but
not any longer, since the Olefin is hydrophobic, and wicks the water up
onto the upper part of the sock. They dry pretty fast also.

Just don't put them in a hot dryer or the Olefin will melt. That happened
to one pair I own, and is the only pair I have purchased that I still don't
use.....