[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: [pct-l] Introductions
- From: "Brooks Hull" <bhull@CA-F1.umd.umich.edu>
- Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:03:47 EST5EDT
- Organization: University of Michigan - Dearborn
I also like the idea of introducing ourselves.
I have been teaching economics at the University of Michigan-Dearborn
for about fifteen years. Before that, I attended universities in
Washington state. I grew up in Spokane and Walla Walla, Washington.
I have been backpacking sporadically since my early teens. I am now
47. I have never backpacked a long distance, but hope to do a hunk
of California this summer with another economist from Nevada. Given
that there will be two economists doing the planning, we expect to
have five or six sets of predictions about the outcome of the trip .
. . . and likely we will be wrong.
When dealing with campfire flames, you must act quickly and
decisively if you wish to extinguish them, you cannot ignore them.
The opposite is true on the internet.
Brooks Hull, trail name "Brooks"
* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | http://www.backcountry.net *