[pct-l] JMT early July

I am planing to hike the JMT next summer in early July. It has been
sometime since I was last in the Sierras.
I was actually thinking about leaving the last week in June from Yosemite.
Hopeful of a light snow fall this winter thanks to the
predicted La Nina.
OK to the question, on a normal year would there still be a deep snow pack
in early July, and would I need more than an Ice Axe for the passes. Which
passes would be the worst, ie. Forrester, Glenn.  I don't mind the snow, I
just don't want to be up to my armpits and digging out every 5 minutes.

Dave