Re: [pct-l] Winter thruhike

Winter mountain hiking? I grew up in Northern Alberta, and used to hear the
Mounties talk about early trekkers going through the Rocky Mountain passes in
winter. The Mounties recommend bright yellow or orange Gore-Tex jackets,
because they make your body so much easier to find in the spring thaw. Have you
ever read Jack London's 'To Build a Fire'? Personally, I think the best advise
I can offer is to do like Donner did -take about 30 pals with you, just in case
you need something to eat. :-)