Re: [pct-l] Cell Phones

I totally agree with the 2-meter idea.  And you don't even have to be a
novice.  A technician Amateur class licensee can operate those frequencies.
Better range, more reliable, and best of all, no fees.  I plan on carrying a
little 2-meter handheld on my thruhike this coming summer (99).  I believe
that since I'm going solo I'd better have a way to contact the outside world
in case I run into trouble.  Now, if I were going with someone else, I'd
probably leave it home.  extra weight :-)

Aaron Unger
PCT '99 hopeful