[pct-l] Yogi & Booboo

...and speaking of rangers

Did anyone else see the Yosemite ranger interviewed on The Outdoor Channel
yesterday, who said that bears are doing $500,000,000 (that's right!! half a
billion dollars !!)  in damage to cars in the park every year? Wow!

And in other news, I just spent a week hiking the Lost Coast Trail (blister
beach) and the upper King's Range, and I'm here to tell you, that that West
Point study hyped on CNN which said that people who put deodorant on their feet
will get far fewer blisters...is all wet (it didn't do much for their smell
either). Anyway, I'm convinced, after 25 years of backpacking, that there is NO
100% preventative measure for blisters. They're as inevitable as flying
hatchback doors in Yosemite National Park.