[pct-l] wood gathering for the ZIP stove

It was pointed out to me that there exists areas along the JMT that
prohibit wood gathering, so even though the stove is legal to use (since it
is NOT a campfire), there would be no fuel available for  it.

True enough, but those areas are rather small, compared to the distance
that a through hiker covers in a day, so it should be easy enough to avoid
cooking there. In any event, most of those areas are predicated on
elevation (see http://www.gorp.com/pcta/jmt.htm#fire ), and most hikers
would prefer to sleep lower where it is warmer.

FWIW, I don't own a Zip stove, have never used a Zip stove, and have no
financial interest in the company that makes Zip stoves. I just hate to see
innaccurate, biased information passed out as if it were fact.