[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #580

This is my first time e-mailing pcter,s. I hiked PCT in 1977 and am looking to
find other thru hikers from that year to get in touch. It,s interesting how
the trail has changed over the years(esp with permits and fees)  Gear has
changed alot also. In 77, nobody had fleece, gortex or Internal frame packs.
Stoves were either svea 123,s or Optimus 8R,s with a few new MSR model 9,s.
Most packs were Keltys (serac,s) or Jansport D 3,s. Even got to see Dick Kelty
himself bring a thru hiker a  new frame to Weldon after it broke on a proto
type  Tioga. Thanks Monte Dodge Olympia Wash.