[pct-l] Re:risibility

BLISTERFREE@delphi.com wrote:

> Wow, this list is getting as bad as the AT list.  Could thousands of
> poorly equipped, ecologically unsavvy northbounders be far behind?

OK OK, so I've carried this Ray Jardine satire to its ultimate conclusion. But hey,
humor is FUN Blisterfree. Just like long distance backpacking is supposed to be fun.
And in spite of the fact that I actually liked Ray Jardine's book, you have to admit
that there really wasn't much  between its flyleaves that hinted at humor. It reads
like a combat manual. In fairness to him though, I suppose that if it weren't for
the fact that so much of his book is so unconventional -controversial, it wouldn't
seem nearly as interesting as it is. I'm just one of those backpackers to whom my
life wouldn't seem a shambles if I didn't thru-hike the PCT in one year. If it took
me four years because of side trips to smell the roses, then so much the better.
Besides, the absurdity of fanatical ultra light backpacking seemed like a more
interesting string than the fifteen e-mails a day I was getting about horse shit.