[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #528

My wife and I were planning on hiking the John Muir Trail starting in the
third week of July.  From what I understand, there still is significant
amounts of snow that would more than likely require an ice ax.  My wife and
I are both relatively inexperienced hikers and are a bit wary of hiking a
dangerous trail without the ability to recognize danger when we see it.  So,
does anyone have any predictions on whether or not the JMT will still be
snow bound in the second half of July and, if so, does anybody have a
recommendation for a good alternative two to three week hike.  Thank you in
advance for any information.

P.S. This is a great list serve.

Michael