[pct-l] Re: Everything below 8,000'

At 05:32 PM 6/18/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Everything below 8,000' has largely melted.

Dear Tom & PCTL,

I was up in King's Canyon NP this last week and can report that snow
coverage in solid down to 7,000' on the west side of the Sierra in that
area, 2 to 6 feet deep and melting fast.  I witnessed about one foot of
melt off in three days of 75 to 80 degrees!

We also drove up the south fork of the King's river around Cedar Grove and
found the Kings river a roaring monster!  The Park Service was considering
closing the road this week due to impending inundation.  Every creek would
be called a river if these conditions were their normal flows.  The high
Sierra's are a very dangerous place at this time, IMHO.

Greg