Re: [pct-l] JMT guide, etc.

In a message dated 98-06-08 16:28:33 EDT, kmarlow@ngs.org writes:

<< My only concern with the Winnett guide to the JMT is the scant information
for southbound thru-hikers. One has to read the northbound section to get  the
details for trip planning. >>

Ken,

I liked your Thru-hiker humor. Thanks.

Re the JMT, what I did for my south-bound hike in '96 was to enter the
pertinent info from the north-bound hike into a an Excel spreadsheet and
reverse sort it. After we finished the trip, I updated the spreadsheet data to
indicate what we really had done (miles per day, where we camped, etc.).

Charlie Jones
JMT '96

p.s. If anyone is using Excel on a PC and wants a copy of the spreadsheet, I
can attach one to a message and transmit it. Send your requests to:
    Charlie.jones@juno.com