[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #505

At 12:00 AM 6/2/98 -0500, Dave <dsloan@okinternational.com> asked:
>I'm also looking for a good 0 degree sleeping bag.  I had bad luck with my
Polarguard synthetic North Face bag.  It didn't keep my warm.  I sleep
cold.  I have a great -15 down TNF bag, and a great +20 qualofil bag from
New Zealand.  But, I can't decide, synthetic or down for a 0 degree bag?  I
am worried about getting it wet, and I don't want to pay more than $200.  I
don't trust Polarguard 3D.  I want it to be light for some long distance
through hiking.

First off, a true 0F bag will not be light.  Down or plastic.  So we will
pass on light.
Second, if you sleep cold, you may want a -5F bag.
If you are worried about wet, or you will use it for a long trip, plastic
it is!
If you can go $220, you can get the Integral Designs Emporer.  I would be
very surprised if you were cold in that bag.  It is primaloft, -4F.  4#12.

--
Dave Gomberg	mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
FormMaestro  <http://www.wcf.com>