[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #504

> A friend and I are planning to do the Steven's Pass to Stehekin
> portion of Washington in September.  Any advice, recommendations,
> thoughts, etc. would be greatly appreciated.  Also, looking for advice
> on a good hiking route to the top of Agnes Mtn. as well as to Trapper
> Lake near the High Bridge area of the trail.  Thanks in advance.
> Brand new to the list and looking forward to taking part.

Mike,
A wise hiking choice! The Stevens Pass to Stehekin is one of the best
sections of the entire PCT. It's been a long time since I hiked it but I
can tell you that you'd want to bring a fishing rod and perhaps some small
binoculars. We missed some great trout fishing and saw a few mountain goats
that would've been fun to look at with binocs. Make sure the bus is still
traveling the Stehekin road so you don't have to walk all the way from the
trailhead to STehekin.

Mark "Stinky" Janowiak PCT'84