[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] re: Tyvek
- Subject: [pct-l] re: Tyvek
- From: Ken Marlow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:27:00 -0500
- Organization: National Geographic
- Reply-to: <email@example.com>
<snip>..."I compared the cost of Tyvek to 4 mil plastic, and it turns out
could include a brand new 9X9 plastic tarp in each of our resupply boxes
for the cost of one Tyvek tarp."
I use 4mil black plastic myself as a tent footprint, because I feel the 4
mil thickness provides a nice durability over 3 mil, and the black color
allows condensation to dry quickly. Do you, or anyone else have a per sq.
foot or per sq. yard weight comparision between Tyvek and 4 mil. plastic? If
I can't get water and mud to evaporate on the tyvek before I break camp,
isn't the weight savings minimal?
* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *