Re: [pct-l] resupply info

In a message dated 98-05-08 16:51:25 EDT, jpetri61@mail.caps.maine.edu writes:

<< does anyone know whether or not there is a big supermarket in idyllwild and
tehachapi. thanks joe >>

I was hoping someone who knew more about this than I do would reply, but since
they didn't, here's what I know about Idyllwild.

Yes, Idyllwild has a supermarket. It's not a major chain, but it's not a 7-11
either. I assume it's where all the local residents buy their food. In
addition to the supermarket, there is also a store (whose name I forget) that
sells nuts, dried fruit, etc. When you leave the supermarket, just hang a
right. It's within a 100 yards; possibly the very next business.

As for Tehachapi, I suspect there is, but I've never shopped there. The PCT
has an "angel" who lives in Tehachapi. I'm sure that she knows. How about it
Carol B., does Tehachapi have a supermarket?

Here's Carol's response:

supermarket chain stores (Albertsons and SaveMart) AND a great Big K store(aka
Kmart). The supermarkets are a couple of miles from the downtown area but the
Big K is right-off the main drag.  - Carol Barrett

Thanks, Carol.
Charlie Jones