Re: [pct-l] thruhike finishers

At 02:58 PM 4/22/1998 -0400, G. Eberly wrote:
> Still can't decide whether I should wait for >another year, or just start
late,
>hope for a mild September and hike like Jardine.

I am too old to thru hike end-to-end non-stop.  But I am not too old to
hike 2500 miles in a year.  So the year I do the PCT (if any) I will do it
in sections.  This may be just the year for section hikers.   Hit the
desert in April/May, do WN and OR in June/July, hit the JMT and San
Jacintos in August.  Why not?  If you're going to lose 4 months, might as
well lose 5-6 and have fun!

--
Dave Gomberg	mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
FormMaestro  <http://www.wcf.com>