[pct-l] tyvex question

I ignored most of the Tyvex thread a couple weeks ago, content with my
quick-drying 4 mil. black-plastic tarp as a tent footprint - Until I came
across a link of an ultralight packer from the ALDHA WEST page. His tarp
only weighed around 3-4 oz! Now I'm sort of interested. Is there a way to
get the best of both worlds and get this material in quick-drying black? I
suppose I could dye it. I recall someone mentioned good and not so good
Tyvex for backpacking. Is this material substantially lighter than 4mil
plastic found at hardwear stores and what about durability? If this material
gets water logged am I saving much weight? I don't like the idea of all that
advertizing on my tarp as well. Any responses would be appreciated. I recall
someone said they've bought some and are mailing-out desired lengths to
listers.

-Ken Marlow