[pct-l] more GPS

...although there are those times when a GPS could come in handy in areas
with good views. My wife and I had two unsuccessful attempts of climbing
Whale Peak (not far east of Sissors Crossing on the PCT) in the Anza Borrego
Desert State Park, when clouds settled in and visibility was 100-200 ft in
this trailess boulder hop to the summit. A bee-line approach using a compass
in this case was very difficult in a boulder scattered area.

-Ken Marlow