[pct-l] 415

Subject:
         pct-l-digest V1 #415
    Date:
         Wed, 11 Mar 1998 00:00:11 -0600 (CST)
    From:
         (pct-l-digest)
      To:
         pct-l-digest@saffron.hack.net

pct-l-digest         Wednesday, March 11 1998         Volume 01 : Number
415

In this issue:

    [pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #413
    [pct-l] Middletons
    [pct-l] My Favorite Jerky Recipe
    [pct-l] re:boot questions
    Re: [pct-l] boots
    [pct-l] re: spam
    Re: [pct-l] re: spam
    [pct-l] Snowpack this year

Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 21:59:47 PST
From: "Sancho Wannabe" <tabacon@hotmail.com>
Subject: [pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #413

The guy who wrote the book I'm reading
>says that San Gorgonio Pass is a "great draught channel" and that the
winds
>blowing through are strong enough to etch car windshields and take the
paint
>off cars and buildings; is  wind a problem in other areas south of
there?

Well, this is my first post to this list, but I have been an avid reader
for some time now.  Thanks to all of you who have shared you knowledge
with us rookies.  I finally feel as though I may have something to
contribute.  All of So. Cal. is prone to high winds in the canyon areas.
Especially when conditions are right, winds can reach in excess of
50mi/hr in the canyons (thats why wind generated power is possible in
and around Palm Springs).  Don't leave home without chapstick or a
windbreaker.  the extra couple of ounces will be a blessing when those
winds kick up.  As a general rule the winds are worst between 3 P.M. and
the early morning hours due to the difference in heat between the high
desert and the low inland areas close to the Pacific ocean.  When they
get started, branches, leaves, sand, and any other small items can be
blown with incredible force.

I for one am taking a windbreaker, chapstick and sunglasses to protect
my eyes and skin from this specific "event."  I would recommend you do
the same.

* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | For info
http://www.hack.net/lists *