[pct-l] Heads Up

Class of '98

Yesterday Ann and I went for a long day hike out of Barrel Springs.  At
the beginning of the hike we passed by the spring's pipe and found out
that it was not flowing.  Also the 10' x 4' x 3' trough had only about
8" of water in it.  We did not have time to check the spring's source so
I do not know if there is any water to be had there.  Just as a
reminder, Barrel Springs is the first water northbounders hit after
leaving San Felipe Creek 23.8 miles before.

One last note:  Three weeks ago San Ysidro Creek was flowing.

Tim and Ann
The Ravens  PCT '96