[pct-l] New on the list and dogs

Hi, I'm not exactly new on the list, but I've been out for a while /
changed e-mail, so I'm not up to date on the current threads.

I've got a couple of questions:

*	I'm going to try hiking the PCT this summer. A friend with a dog
might join me for a while in June/July, which might mean Yosemite. Any
comments on dogs on the PCT, and solutions for the national parks?
*	I'm Norwegian, and don't know too much about the dry/desert
areas in the south. How bad is the first part, and for how long (miles)
is water a problem? I would really like to go without a filter. Is that
a bad idea, or would iodine be OK?

Svein