[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[pct-l] Plan B for el nino

Since we still don't know what the final snow story will be in the 
Sierras its good to think about alternatives, if needed.  I was talking 
with a friend who hiked the PCT in 79, but quit in N WA after 18 solid 
days of rain.  Her suggestion was--if we are delayed by waiting for 
melting snow in the Sierras skip north from Cascade Locks to Manning Park 
and hike south, finishing at the Columbia (which is home for me).  This 
makes sense because the weather tends to get worse as you go north in fall.

Hope to see you out there.

Beth in Portland,OR
* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *