[pct-l] Introductions

Hi there,

I'm new to the PCT list. My name is Gene (a.k.a. Archangel). Most of my
hiking experience is from hiking the AT and in Hawaii (Oahu). Hiking the PCT
is a goal I have, which includes hiking all the Long Distance Trails in the
US (AT, PCT, CDT, etc....).

I have no knowledge of the PCT at all. Do you re-supply  in town, maildrops,
or another method? If town or mail drops, what's the average distance
between towns? What's the average time for a thru-hike of the trail? How
much H2O does the average hiker need to carry (i.e. what's the average
distance between water sources?).

Sorry if my questions sound basic/amateurish but I've only been to the West
Coast 8x, and then that was only in an airport on my way home to Honolulu.

Thanks for the info!

======================================
Gene                            {\o/}
(a.k.a. Archangel)          /_\