[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: [pct-l] water
- From: "Best, Tom" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:50:11 -0500
- Organization: Public Utility Comm of TX
Someone posted a message several months ago regarding the use of iodine
instead of a water filter and then using green tea to neutralize(?) the
I have two questions:
1. What exactly is the health concern is related to excess iodine over
a long period?
2. Does green tea prevent any iodine buildup in the body or just reduce
it. That is, does it make the longterm use of iodine safer or completely
safe by making the iodine completely inert?
I am thinking that a "can" stove and no water filter would be a great
way to save two pounds and filtering water was a pain.
Any response appreciated.
* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *