[pct-l] Hiking from Ashland Oregon to Mt.Hood Oregon

Okay, I'm sure you guys get a million of these, and your usual answer
is to say "check the FAQ", but I'm very new at hiking the PCT, and I
have some very important questions I need to ask before our trip
planning can begin in earnest.

        1. Is there a fee to hike the trail?  If so, how much and is it
a flat rate or per person?
        2. How long will it take us hiking say, 15 - 20 mi. a day to get
from Ashland to Mt. Hood?
        3. Can you still rent lockers from the ranger station to put
supplies in ahead of time?  What does it cost?
        4. In your experience, with all things considered, how much will
itcost a single person to hike from Ashland to Mt. Hood?  I'll be
rentingand/or borrowing almost everything.
        5. What kind of physical conditioning would you recommend?  I
plan to do stadium stairs and a weights program 3-4 times a week
starting very soon.
        6. We want to bring a dig or cell phone along.  Would you
recommend this just in case, or does it make you a pct wussy?

        This is pretty much it for now.  If I could get some solid
answers on these six questions, I could start the ball rolling now for
our trip in July.  Thanks in advance!

Chris Hardwicke

-- BEGIN included message

The original message was received at Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:35:46 -0800 (PST)
from 92Net-136.sou.edu [140.211.92.136]

<pct-1@saffron.hack.net>

... while talking to saffron.hack.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<pct-1@saffron.hack.net>
<<< 550 <pct-1@saffron.hack.net>... User unknown
550 <pct-1@saffron.hack.net>... User unknown
Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: message/delivery-status

-- BEGIN included message

[...]

-- END included message

-- END included message