[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #371

Hi all,

I was searching for boots for my upcoming JMT hike this July.  I went to a new
store in San Diego called Just for Feet.  There they had a boot by Timberland
called the World Hiker Super Boot.  the Manufacturers suggested retail price
is $275.00.  They have it on sale for $159.99 plus tax.  The material by the
upper ankle is made of Gortex and the soul is made by a company called Vibram.
Does anyone have any experience with this boot?  Is this a good price?  Is
this a good boot for the JMT.  I have tried it on and it feels pretty
comfortable.  I'd like to get 2nd and 3rd opinions before I lay out that much
money.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

Bill Kennington
GHPBill@aol.com