No Subject

I have the guide books for Ca, Or and Wa and they are great.  My
concern is that the area covered on the maps is pretty small in some
places.  How often to is a thru-hiker forced to take a bearing for
navigation?  Did anyone / everyone take additional maps?  Through
which sections?

Recipes

I've purchased several trail cookbooks and been very disappointed.
 The entrees either require 40 minutes of simmering or they taste
repulsive.  I love cheezy goop and would like to find ways of
enhancing the genre.  I am also don't like to spend a lot of time
fussing with food on the trail, so the less trail prep required the
better.  Chili, spaghetti, and instant stuffing with ground meat jerky
are quick and easy on the trail and I plan use them 2-3 times a week.
 Any other entrees people like?

I'm also looking for any baked good that travel well.  I've got a
so-so Logan bread recipe that I'm looking to replace.  Has anyone
tried corn bread, banana bread etc?  Any recommendations?