Re: [pct-l] sasha's request

Sasha,  My daughter and I hiked the PCT this past season.  There are numerous
folks on this list tht also hiked it.  Collectively there is a lot of wisdom and
experience out there, the problem is sorting through what works for you.  I have
heard a variety of folks say to leave the umbrella. We, on the other hand, hiked
considerable miles in the portable shade, and found it far superior to a wide
brimmed hat, it was invaluable in the rains of OR and WA., We didn't hike in
running shoes, but know many people that did with no real problems.

I guess I'm trying to say  ask the questions and the answers will come, maybe
even more than you want.

Bob Turner