RE: [pct-l] High Sierra snow

Alan,

I have been spending my summers hiking in the Sierra's since 1986.
During that time I have been caught in three blizzards, one in June,
July, and August.  Last year there were three big snow storms in late
May and early June.  In 1996, the year we did the PCT, there was a big
snow storm in Mid June.  What I am trying to say is that the Sierra's
can get snow any time of the year, and that snow storms are not that
rare.

Tim and Ann
The Ravens PCT '96