[pct-l] Goat Rocks Wilderness conditions

I just returned from three days in Goat Rocks Wilderness in Washington.
There were lots of snow patches above 5000', and pretty solid snow above
5800', about 8 to 12 inches deep.  I hiked from Walupt Lake to about 2 miles
north of Sheep Lake, then back south to the 5700' overlook just west of
Coleman Weedpatch.  If the weather holds out there is some pretty nice
hiking left before winter weather comes to the high country.  I was there on
a weekend, and I saw only a couple of hunters.

Roger Carpenter