[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [pct-l] JMT Maps
- Subject: Re: [pct-l] JMT Maps
- From: "Gerald W. Bawden" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 08:16:40 -0800
>Prior to my '82 PCT thru-hike, I purchased a set of John Muir Trail Maps (or
>maps of the Southern Sierra) that were oblique-angle aerial photo views of
>the terrain, with trails drawn-in. I no longer have a set and want to
>replace them. Does anyone recall these specifically, if they can be found,
>or what cartographic firm created them? Were they maps produced by Harris
I have a set (Southern and Northern JMT), but have them packed away. I
purchased them at the Mt. Whitney Visitor Center, just south of Lone Pine.
Give them a call or drop by. So far, they are the only place that I've
seen them. They were great to use and compliment most maps very nicely.
-- Gerald Bawden
"An earthquake is the way the Earth relieves its stress
- by transferring it to the people who live on it!"
Lucy Jones, USGS.
* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *