[pct-l] RE: trip partners

From: Craig <craignielsen@proaxis.com>
Subject: [pct-l] hiking partner for PCT

Also, does anyone know of some good sites where I could advertise for a trip
partner?  The only other place I've been is gorp.com.

Craig,

The PCTA newsletter, the Communicator, has a regular trip partner listing
during the hiking season.  The current issue has about 7 or 8 people who are
looking for partners to hike various parts of the PCT.  You can call the PCTA
office toll free at 1-888-PC-TRAIL to see who's looking for a partner.  You
can also visit the PCTA website at www.gorp.com/pcta and submit a trip partner
request by clicking on "trip planning" and then clicking on "trip partners."

In my un-biased opinion, that PCTA is a great organization and should be your
first stop on any quest for information regarding the PCT.  They have a real
helpful guy who answers the phone there every weekday from 9-5 PDT and can
usually find someone who knows the answers to your questions if he can't
answer them himself.

Joe
(the guy who answers the phone at the PCTA office)