[pct-l] hiking partner for PCT

Hi! My name's Craig Nielsen.  Nice to meet you all!  This is my first time
on this list so I'd like to introduce myself.  I'm 26 years old and I'm
presently a cook on the OSU campus in Corvallis, Oregon (summers off!!).  My
favorite things to do are ballroom dancing, hiking, and playing music (I
play alto sax and guitar).

I hiked the Oregon section of the PCT in '95 and had a great time! I'm now
planning to hike Washington from border to border this summer, and I'm
looking for someone to go with me.  I'd like to leave in mid-July or early
August and spend 5-6 weeks on the trail.  My plan is to hike 12-15 miles/day
and take fairly liberal side trips and rest days.  I'm looking for a partner
who's easy-going, likes to have fun, and is an experienced backpacker.
Please let me know if you're interested.

Also, does anyone know of some good sites where I could advertise for a trip
partner?  The only other place I've been is gorp.com.

I'd love to talk with anybody who's thru-hiked Washington.  I'm open for
advice on when to go, good campspots, supply drops, etc., etc.  Please send
me e-mail at craignielsen@proaxis.com.

In fact, I'd love to talk with any of you hikers out there!  Talk to you later.

-Craig
craignielsen@proaxis.com

---
This mail was sent from the Corvallis Public Library