[pct-l] On Mosquitos, On...

Reading the advice on how to deal with gnats I'm reminded of sage advice
from a long ago friend on how to deal with mosquitos.  The advice was picked
up by Herb Caen, a recently deceased, long time columnist for the SF
Chronicle, which does not legitimate it, but at least provides a bit of
history.

My friend insisted that rather than getting wound up and frantic at the
presence of mosquitos, that instead, you inhale a dozen or so.  Mosquito
death is somehow transmitted to surviving mosquitos and they stay away from
the face as chemically they recognize the scene of their potential demise.

I have not tried this method of repelling mosquitos.

Jeffrey Olson
Seattle, WA