[pct-l] What kind of jobs

Hello I've subscribed to this list for a while and wish to hike the PCT someday. What I would like to know is how all you thru hikers can afford to take the time away (4 or 5 months) from your jobs. Do you just quite them and get a new one? Or What percentage you are out of high school or College? I've seen alot seem to have teacher jobs and maybe you are rangers. I also was wondering what happens to your House or apartments while you are gone. Do you put everything in storage or sell it. Do you pay the rent or mortgage for the months your away. Some of you I gather maybe are in between jobs or divorce ?? My problem is I've got a career type job (14 years there already) and really they won't give me the time required to hike the whole thing, and to me its not a option to do it in parts. Just some questions cause frankly I'm jealous, and would love to do this hike but need to work out these small details and Priorities. Thanks and sure is fun reading about all the adventures. I really look forward to getting this listing everyday. :-)

Scott