[pct-l] New "Fixing Your Feet" book available for hikers

For those interested, my new book about foot care will be released on May
28th. The brief description below provides an overview and a few reviews. I
anticipate a web site in early June.

John Vonhof
jvonhof@aol.com

"FIXING YOUR FEET: Preventative Maintenance and Treatment for Foot Problems
of Runners, Hikers, and Adventure Racers"

This book provides runners, hikers, and adventure racers with a complete
source of information about proper foot care. Too often athletes spend vast
amounts of money, time, and thought on training, equipment and travel, but
spend little or no preparation on their feet. All factors in foot care are
explored. You learn
-     to be proactive in order to prevent problems with your feet through
proper
      preventative maintenance
-     to be reactive with treatments when problems develop
-     what supplies and resources are available to help fix your feet

"This is it. The best book ever written on foot care. Everyone who has been
bothered by foot problems or wants to prevent them should own this book."
     Billy Trolan, MD, author of the Blister Fighter Guide, medical
consultant to
     adventure racers, hiker, runner, and climber.

"This is one of the easiest-to-follow, easiest-to-apply guides to footcare
ever produced and deserves a comfortable, dry, and cozy spot in every
runnerís travel bag, triathleteís fanny pack, and backpackerís rucksack."
     Richard Benyo, author of the Death Valley 300 and Making the Marathon
Your
     Event, and editor of Marathon & Beyond magazine.

"This is a book for people who want common sense treatments for foot
problems, not classroom or clinic theories of little value. I am providing
copies for my patients and making this required reading at my sports injury
lectures."
     David Hannaford, DPM, Sports Podiatrist to many Olympians,
ultramarthoners,
     adventure racers, and other endurance athletes.

"Ö. As a diligent student of trail ultras, I thought Iíd done my homework,
until I read Fixing Your Feet. This book is the graduate course in foot care
and should be on the reading list for any runner considering the test of
running more than a marathon."
	Suzi Thibeault, first woman to complete the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning

"This is a complete and practical synopsis on proper foot care and can be
used as a reference for almost any problem that runners or hikers may
encounter."
     Norman Klein, Race Director, Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run &
     Sunmart Texas Trail Runs.

"This is certainly the most thorough and practical information on foot
treatment Iíve seen. In my experience treating runners in ultramarathons,
Iíve seen many conditions that were treated Ďon-the-spot,í with no medical
reference available. Blisters, although very common, are usually overlooked
and often cause the runner to drop from the race. I know this will help
athletes in all sports involving foot maladies."
     Dennis Grandy, DPM, Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run Podiatry
     Director.

202 pages, Softcover, 5.5 x 8.5
ISBN: 1-57921-026-0
WinePress Publishing, Mukileto, WA

Available for $14.95 (plus $3.00 S&H) from the author
Approximate ship date: June 1st

John Vonhof
4438 Gibraltar Drive
Fremont, CA 94536