[pct-l] Great guide book

I found an excellent hiking guidebook to the So. Cal deserts.  Its called

Hiking California'a Desert Parks
by Bill Cunningham and Polly Burke

Published by Falcon Press
PO Box 1718
Helena, MT  59624

1-800-582-2665

The ISBN number is 1-56044-508-4

One of the best things about it is the more than 100 b/w photos of desert
environs. It even has a picture of the PCT where it emerges from Lost
Valley Road.  If you want to know what the first third of the PCT looks
like, this book is good.

The only bad thing I have to say is now everyone knows where some of my
favorite spots are in Anza-Borrego. Sigh.

Catherine

Lew and Catherine Middaugh   middaugh@best.SPAM.BLOCKER.com
   Before replying remove '.SPAM.BLOCKER' from the return address.
   This is an attempt to reduce spam emails.