[pct-l] Hi :)

I'm new to this discussion and I'm just starting to plan a pct hike
(hopefully 98). I'm going to try and go liteweight and would appreciate any
advise on equipment.

I do have one thing I'm not going to leave home without and of all things
it's a computer. A  Hewlett Packard 200lx palmtop (xt (80186) CGA, Dos 5.0)
it runs approximately 20-30 hours on a pair of double AA batteries and
weights 16 oz.
I figure I can justify the weight because of all of things I'm going to be
using it for. I'm going to make notes about the trail (scan maps), Diary,
download reading material, and try and stay online while on the trail (maybe
a first).

Just wanted to get into the discussion.

Angelica Wilson