[pct-l] Thanks for the feedback!

        This e-mail list is pretty cool.  Thanks for all the great feedback
regarding the best sections to hike.  I'm thinking of starting just South
of Mt. Whitney and heading North.  Considering the shape I'm in right now,
it should be a struggle.  I live in the East and am used to hiking the A.T.
where Mt. Washington, at 6,000+ feet, is huge.  But I have heard that the
slope of the PCT never gets very steep.  Is that true?  Or is it just a
rumor we Easterners like to spread to compensate for our lack of altitude?
                                      Heather