Re: [pct-l] fuel resupply in OR?

At 01:40 PM 5/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>This seems like it should be a FAQ, but I haven't found much specific
>information on it in the archives or anywhere else.  I'm concerned
>about the availability of white gas for my Whisperlite stove along the
>trail.
>
>I'm planning on doing the PCT segment from Castella/Castle Crags to
>Cascade Locks during July and August.  It'll be my first long hike, to
>celebrate graduating from college.

Hey there-

My wife and I hiked the trail last year Mex-Can as our graduation gift as well.
As far as the white gas, we carried a liter (32 oz) bottle as we though
white gas would be scarce.  It's not.  Many stores have it, sell it by the
ounce, hikers split a big gallon, its in hiker boxes, or in the worst case
you have to hitch for it.  We were never lacking and would take a smaller
fuel bottle next time.
Dan