Re: [pct-l] Not about guns

We use a PUR Explorer, and have no iodine taste at all.  Actually, the way it is put together, the water passes through the (optional) charcoal filter, then the iodine filter, then through the main filter cartridge.

The quantity of iodine is very small - no color at all.  We know we don't really need that quality of filter, but think the price is worth it.

Tom Best wrote:
The way I read the advertisements regarding the Pur Hiker, it looks like
you would be ingesting iodine every time you used it.  Did I read this
right?  That was the primary reason I bought the Sweetwater Walkabout.
Has anyone heard bad reports about this filter?

Also, just picked up a Mountain Technology ice axe from REI.  It is six
ounces lighter than the others they had available.  Any good or bad
reports on this item?

Any help appreciated.

tom
May 1-Campo