[pct-l] stoves

Hey all.

I just got my Sierra Zip Stove in the mail.  It does work.  Its actual
weight with battery included is 18 ounces.
The stove creates a large(2-5 inch) fire which surrounds your pot at times
and makes taking the lid off tricky even with the pot pliers.
Additionally it creates a fair amount of smoke and leaves lots of black soot
on the pot.
On the other hand, my MSR XGK also comes in at 18 ounces (actual weight)
when I include the stove, windscreen, fuel pump and an empty 22 oz fuel
bottle.
The environmental impact arguement may be a toss up but the fuel for the
22 oz fuel bottle weighs 1 pound 4.5 ounces.

I am still not decided.  Is anyone else thinking of taking a zipstove on
the 97 thruhike?

tom
spot@onr.com
* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | For info
http://www.hack.net/lists *