(Fwd) mail failed, returning to sender

Explanatory Note: I was unable to communicate directly with
cgiffen@teleoport.com regarding his PCT graphs posting to the PCT
digest on March 25, 1997. Therefore, I am sending my return message
to him via the digest.

Previous Note: This is my second try at sending this message. I did so
yesterday, but it was returned to me saying there was not such
address.

Message:
Hello my name is Bob Betz and I plan to thru-hike the PCT beginning
sometime between April 20 and May 1, 1997. I am interested in
receiving your printouts (55 pages + 6 pages of graphs) of the PCT
guidebook information. $15 sounds like a reasonable price.

Please e-mail me back with information on how we can make this
transaction happen soon (your address, phone, will you accept a personal
check, etc) at:

 rjb@limno.com

Thanks for the posting, you may have a real seller here. As far as
contributions to the PCT goes, the PCTA Store people could tell you
what kind of profit margin they receive from there sales items. You might
also base it on typical normal sales commissions or wholesale/retail sporting goods
markup rates (I used to be in the business).  A few examples to consider are listed below:

Outdoor sporting goods (i.e., backpacking/skiing gear) sales representatives typically recieve
7% commission on wholesale orders (e.g., wholesale order = $100,
commission = $7),

Retail sporting goods price markups from wholesale to retail for
books are typically 40% (e.g., wholesale = $10, retail = $16.67),

Art gallery commissions/markups  are typically 30-50%